Monday, April 4, 2011

New beginnings...


There's an unfamiliar calm currently resonating from our home. The little guys are asleep, evidence of the waking hours strewn throughout the house. Day old dishes are mounded in the sink with residuals over every inch of counter tops. Mountains of laundry, clean but unfolded, line the hallway. Our home is a complete disaster, yet a resounding sigh escapes me. My first manuscript is in the mail. It is tucked away in an priority envelope, sealed, stamped and awaiting delivery conformation. Usually the mess andclutter are greatly distressing but not today. As I sit drinking Kristian Regale straight from the bottle, my mind ponders the endless possibilities this new chapter may bring!

This very glamorous picture was taken by a USPS employee.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...so exciting!!! Congrats and good luck!

    (I didn't know you had a blog! I think I have some catching up to do :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Erika! Let's celebrate!!! Love that you're blogging too. So very proud of you. What a HUGE accomplishment. Now, hoping for good news for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Congratulations and best of luck going through the publishing process! I've always wanted to write something, but never got it off the ground (and probably never will at this rate).

    ReplyDelete